The Oktibbeha County Heritage Museum has garnered several awards over the last several years as it has undergone renovation and revitalization.
- 2013 – Student ASLA Award of Excellence for Mississippi State University Department of Landscape Architecture collaboration with the museum on the Rain Garden
- 2012 — Award of Merit, Mississippi Historical Society — award given for museum’s “exemplary work in preserving and interpreting the history of Oktibbeha County. The Society’s Awards of Merit are presented to individuals or organizations for their outstanding archival, historical, museum, or records management work.”
- 2010 — Crystal Pineapple Award for Tourism, Greater Starkville Development Partnership
- 2010 – Resolution of Commendation, Mississippi Department of Archives and History — award given for “exceptional contributions to the preservation and interpretation of Mississippi History.” The notification letter stated, “The Oktibbeha County Heritage Museum is a model local historical museum. That it is staffed entirely by volunteers is extremely impressive.”
- 2009 — Award of Excellence in Historic Preservation for Interior Renovation, Starkville Central Neighborhood Foundation
- 2009 — Proclamation of Appreciation, City of Starkville Mayor and Board of Aldermen